Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our world - it's a complicated mess.....

Tonight I thought I would sit down and read abcnews.com to see what was going on in the world.  I clicked over on the entertainment section and was blown away by what was featured in the news.  I was first greeted by a photo shoot that included two topless women in their jeans legs intertwined and arms strategically placed to cover themselves.  Then there was the article titled "It's complicated", discussing celebrities and how the new trend is to allow open marriages. Angelina Jolie was discussing how she and Brad Pitt have an open marriage, and would never restrict each other from any freedoms they might want while apart.  I quote "I doubt that fidelity is absolutely essential for a relationship," she said. "It's worse to leave your partner and talk badly about him afterwards."  As I left that page, I was greeted by Lady Ga-ga's see through clothing selection and passed by the video on how Mariah Carey was drunk while accepting an award.  Call me naive, but what is the world coming to?  Are these things all just every day occurrences and do we all think this is just normal behavior?  We are going against everything that we were designed to be and it is so painful to watch the decline of our race.  I wonder how our creator must feel being that He gave His only son for us and we respond by feeding our natural desires to the point of perversion? 


Romans 2:20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
 24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.


It grieves me to raise my children in this world that is seeking for their allegiance to the gods of materialism, sensuality and addiction.  I pray daily that God will guide me in the way to raise them, that He will show me the ways to equip them and that He will hold them all in the palm of his hand as his angels work overtime to lead these children into His kingdom.  Even so, come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment