Kim is doing a great job of putting updates out. I'll strive to keep pace!
First, I want to appreciate everyone who has been sending me regular encouragement, as well as those praying for our Journeys!
We've arrived safely, finally received the last of our personal
effects, and have our housing arrangements and church arrangements in order. God has been putting the right people in place at the right time to ensure each step of this has gone smoothly!
Now for the missions. We've been blessed to work several different efforts.
I'll be assisting with a Bible Education center, which doubles as a Bible bookstore selling bibles at rock bottom prices (usually equivalent to $4 thru about $15. If you'll check out the local US Bible store prices on Bibles, you'll probably find that $10 dollar bibles are in short supply, well the same is true of South Africa. We sell basic, but good quality new Bibles in several of the most common versions (ie, KJV, NIV, Message, Good News, ESV, Zulu, Xhosa, French) and always provide opportunities to also take some basic bible courses that are free of charge. It is amazing to see the enthusiasm that these people have for the Word of God. A true willingness to learn what is really taught in the Bible! I'll provide BEC pictures on the next BLOG entry.
I've also had the opportunity to work with a couple of newer churches. Lamontville and Mariannhill townships. Both of these churches have great excitement and enthusiasm. I keep thinking of Acts 20:7-10 and Eutychus (they go on and on and on...they love the word!). The hunger for the Word is great with these Brothers and
Sisters in the Lord. I love it. Both of these churches come from very humble circumstance but stand in Glorious witness to the Love they have for our Father. And you should hear their hymns! Amazing.
Here are some pictures from the Lamontville area, around the church.

This one is just across the street from the church.
The next pic is down the hill from the church and is representative of a whole neighborhood of people who are part of the local community that our church is helping with.
The next pic is down the hill from the church and is representative of a whole neighborhood of people who are part of the local community that our church is helping with.

One thing that I have found here is that the people in these townships have put the best face on a tough situation, and do a really good job of living in very real "Hard Times". For many of these people, this is the best they have ever or will ever experience. Everyone I meet is very friendly and welcoming, even if sometimes it is totally in Zulu.
It still feels funny even saying that...
It still feels funny even saying that...
Anyway, our local church doubles as a community center and Preschool and is becoming well known in the community for the service that it does to the poorest of the poor in the community by watching their children while they are working.
I love this next picture...
The children make a Rainbow with hand-paintings. Beautiful!!Lord Willing, I will be getting involved in a couple of additional projects in the next week, and anticipate that I will BLOG on them within the next 10 days.
First, I will be getting involved in Happy's, which is a school for disabled children. I will take some pictures to share with you.
Second, I will be coordinating an effort to help cleanup the community (communities?) around the two churches in our Townships on a volunteer basis. This will be well appreciated by the local communities and help the poorest have better living conditions. Every little bit helps!
Third, I will need to obtain bibles for one of the churches. If anyone wants to pitch in our efforts, this would be a fantastic way to help out. email me at cameron.beeler@gmail.com if you'd like to contribute. Every little bit makes a difference here, and your help is really appreciated and has real and immediate impact.
Thank you all for your help, your prayers, and your Love! May God bless each and every one of you!
In the Love of our Master,Cam
BTW, the fruit bats are singing me to sleep, so it is time for me to go! I look forward to BLOGGING with you again, soon! C
No comments:
Post a Comment