In our church here, we have Sunday night services and I played the hymns on the piano for the first time last night. I chose one of my favorite hymns that we used to sing at Texas Bible School - that goes like this:
The day thou gavest Lord is ended, the darkness falls at thy behest,
To thee our morning hymns ascended, our praise shall sanctify our rest.
As over each continent and island, the dawn brings on another day,
the voice of prayer is never silent, nor dies the strain of praise away.
The sun that bids us rest is waking, our brethren beneath the western sky,
and hour by hour fresh lips are making the glorious doings heard on high.
So be it Lord they throne may never, like earth's proud empires pass away,
Thy kingdom come to stand forever, when all the earth shall own they sway!
This was the first time I had ever sung this hymn from another continent - looking back at all of those I love on another one! I was in tears as I realized it was 7 pm and all of my dear fellow believers were in the US and Canada getting out of services as I was playing this hymn. It was very bittersweet and it made me long for the kingdom to come now when we can all be together!! I love and miss you all my dear brethren! I can relate now to Paul's writings when he says, though I am absent from you in the body, I am present in spirit. Know I am thinking of you all!
Hi Kim and Cameron! I'm so glad to be following your experiences in SA. You are all in my prayers that your efforts will be blessed and you will all be kept safe.
ReplyDeleteI admire your journey for Yahweh! Can't wait to hear about your adventure.
Love,
Nina