Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A God moment from Cam

God Moment from Last week.

About 7 years ago I went to the Great Lakes Bible School in the USA, and when we arrived I couldn't find my Bible. I was teaching that year, so I went into an immediate panic. I still had my notes but needed to get another NIV Bible. I went to the Local Wal-Mart and they had two NIV's, one about the size of a peach-pit and the other with HUGE text (maybe about a 14 font??). So I got the huge print NIV bible to teach from. Later that week I discovered my Bible in one of the Kids bags...


Anyhoo, I've kept that bible with me for years, I rarely use it as I have a study bible that has most of my notes, but you never know when you might need another Bible right? I lugged it here to South Afrika too. Well, last week A friend of ours, Amanda Dove, donated a Bible she's had since she was young, with all of her bookmarkings and notes etc still in it, and I decided if she could donate that, I could also donate my extra NIV to help those who otherwise can't afford a Bible. I took those Bibles to our Bible Education Center on Wednesday of last week.


On the following Thursday morning, I was walking to the shops in Durban where I have some contacts doing the "God's Master Plan" Bible course, and I met a gentleman who has been "on fire" reading God's word and doing Bible studies. We were talking about how he was struggling with the study because he was using someone else's Bible and it was an older version. He says, "One day I'll have enough money to buy a Bible, but what I really need is a low-price NIV with really large print because my eyes are so bad I struggle to read most Bibles, even with my glasses".

I've been working at the Bible Education Center for a little over a year, and never had anyone make quite this statement. Sometimes I have people ask for an NIV, or a large print Bible, or even a Large print NIV. But He emphasized the need for super large print and NIV and that one day he'd be able to pay for it (and surprisingly, there was no hint of asking me for one, just a part of our conversation that he'd eventually be able to buy one). Well, the timing was just too much for me.

What do I see in this? I see God working with me 7 years ago to buy THIS Bible so that when Isaak began his studies with me, I would be able to provide him this Bible, purchased in advance by me, at the influence of God.

I encouraged Isaak to come to the Bible Education Center with me and asked him if he could read the text of my NIV, he said it was perfect for his eyes, he could read it clearly, and I gave him the Bible made for Him. His gratitude was very gratifying to me. It is so exciting to see someone who is that excited about God's Word to now be able to have a copy for Himself.

I praise God that I was allowed to be a part of this Moment!

Here's hoping we all experience and recognize it as a "God Moment" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment